Thursday, May 15, 2014

      I'm thinking of my friend Diana this morning... she inspired me to start this blog, and I see my last post was in November of last year... I feel ashamed and guilty... ha!
How appropriate I've been listening to one of my favorite speakers/authors, Brene Brown. Her first TED talk went viral, and she has been bringing awareness to the very important subjects of vulnerability and shame. And just in case you've been living under a rock under the past few years, here it is-
http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_listening_to_shame

     I've been listening to her Audio Book from Sounds True, 'The Power of Vulnerability', which is also something I highly recommend- http://www.soundstrue.com/shop/The-Power-of-Vulnerability/4122.pd
She talks about subjects we can all feel a bit uncomfortable about with such heart, wit & wisdom. Laughter opens the doorway to places we seldom want to visit, but are so grateful once the light has been exposed into the shadows.

       And I am feeling very grateful these days for so many things- as I write this I can look out my bedroom window, seeing and hearing the abundance of songbirds that have been visiting, the blasted wind has stopped for now, and it's a beautiful Sedona spring morning.
Next month I'm heading off to one of my most favorite places on the planet, Bimini, to spend time with friends, new and old at Wildquest-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDmRwxyzh9Q
(Bummer there's an ad on the video now, but must mean they're getting a lot of action)
The week I'm organizing for Tom Kaypacha Lescher has filled and we have a very international group of 20 people joining us for a week of all kinds of adventures for sure!
Kaypacha is a very talented Shamanic Astrologer, and does the weekly 'Pele Report'-
His website is New Paradigm Astrology, and he's got all kinds of things going on, and I recommend him highly if you're interested in an educational and insightful chart reading.
Here's his website-
http://newparadigmastrology.com/
       You can watch the weekly Pele Report there and subscribe if you want it sent to you weekly.
Tom came to Sedona a few years ago and did a great workshop at my home and he is so gifted, and just so much damn fun! A bright spirit that is bringing a lot of light to the world, and I'm grateful to know him for sure.
        Today I get to go out for a hike and then head off to 'Loving Bowls' at Sedona Arts Center-
http://www.sedonaartscenter.org/Events/LovingBowls.html
Every Thursday from 1-4pm anyone that can throw on the wheel is welcome to come and make bowls that we sell for fundraising the first week in December every year. Meals on Wheels and this year we're also making pet bowls that will benefit the Humane Society of Sedona. Lots of fun and great practice. You don't have to be awesome, but just be able to center and throw 1&1/2- 2 lbs. of clay on the wheel.
     I could go on, but the morning is getting away from me, and I want to get out there!
Stay tuned and I'm going to be writing more often! (I promise Diana!!!)
     Have an amazing, grace-filled, abundant day!



No comments:

Post a Comment